Phone: 416- 699-9943 or 519-942-2852
1993 - present SPANISH - ENGLISH INTERPRETER & TRANSLATOR
Worked as a translator & interpreter for the following groups and companies.
- Business Interviews for many Canadian and Argentinean businesses.
- Interpreted for the members of the Argentinean Government Protocol: helped with the booking of all the hotel rooms, ceremonial arrangements, schedules, getting around the city and efficiently preparing all the official protocolar activities.
- Interpreted for the Canadian RCMP & Argentinean Police Security Force.
- Personally, interpreted for President Menem's daughter, Zulema Menem, in her role as: First Lady.
-Work as an interpreter for the Metro School System acting as a facilitator of two-way dialogues between English-speaking persons: (Staff, principals, trustees, parents, community members, students) and other Spanish-speaking people; parents or students.
Company) - Independent Contractor as a translator & interpreter.
- Translated and interpreted for the Psychiatric Department and for Disabled Children undergoing treatment.
-Helped doctors, educators, psychologists and psychotherapists deal with their Spanish-speaking patients by translating or interpreting
their needs in order to communicate.
-Dealt as a linguist facilitator in establishing a positive and successful rapport between doctors and patients.
-Michael Gravelle, Minister of Northern Development and Mines of Ontario;
-Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade of Canada & the Canadian-Colombian Chamber of Commerce;
-Peruvian Chamber of Commerce,
-Mining Engineering Institute - IIMP
· PRESIDENT OF MEXICO, Enrique Peña Nieto: Trade Commission, Economic Outlook, Trade & Investment Opportunities in Mexico & Canada. June 27, 2016 in Toronto, Canada.
Roundtable with Canadian & Mexican Investors with:
- Nicholas Thadaney, President & CEO of the STX.
- Francisco González Díaz, CEO of ProMexico.
- Enrique de la Madrid Cordero, Secretary of Tourism
- Idelfonso Guajardo Villarreal, Secretary of Economy of Mexico.
- Chrystia Freeland, International Trade Minister, Canada.
- R. C. Lara, Trade Commissioner ProMexico Toronto.
- A. Garcia-Lopez Loeza, Mexican Ambassador in Canada.
- P. T. Muñoz-Ledo, General Consulate of Mexico in Toronto.
- Robert Van Der Wallen, Chairman of Brand Loyalty
- Jamie Oliver, Celebrity Chef and Food Activist
- Benjamin Zander, Conductor of The Boston Philharmonic
- Salim Ismail, Former Vice President of Yahoo
- Guy Terroux, VP Marketing of Sobeys
- Greg Wasson, Former CEO of Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Oscar Farinetti, Founder of Eataly
- Michael Fertik, Executive Chairman & Owner of reputation.com
- Martin Lindstrom, Brand Futurist
- Ambassador of Peru to Canada: Her Excellency Marcela López Bravo
- TFO: Trade Facilitation Office, Canada’s services & the Canadian Market
- PROINVERSION: CEO, Mr. Carlos Herrera
- ADEX, Peruvian Association of Exporters, Mr. Guillermo Flores Machado
- CPMA: Canadian Produce Marketing Association; President, Mr. Ron Lemain
- DRC: Fruit & Vegetable Dispute Resolution Corporation. Mrs. Paola González
· 4th FINA WORLD AQUATIC CONVENTION:
WORLD SPORTS MEDICINE CONGRESS & SWIMMING COACHES GOLDEN
CLINIC 2016; Windsor, Ontario.
-Dr. Julio Maglioni, FINA President
-Drew Dilkens, Windsor City Mayor
-Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport Canada
-Lisa Schott, President Aquatics Canada
-Bob Bowman, US Swimming Men’s Olympic Head Coach
-David March, US Swimming W’s Olympic Head Coach
-Ben Titley, Canada Swimming Head Coach
· PDAC 2017 - COLOMBIAN MINING DAY SEMINAR
National Mining Agency of Colombia; Toronto, Ontario.
-Colombian Minister of Mines and Energy
-President of the National Mining Agency of Colombia
-Nicolas Lloreda, Colombia Ambassador to Canada
-Silvana Habib Daza, National Mining Agency’s President
-Willer Guevara, Director of Ministry of Environment
-Santiago A. Urdinola, President of the ACM
-Ari Sussman, CEO of Continental Gold
· PDAC 2017 - MEXICO MINING DAY SEMINAR
Mexican Ministry of Economy & Mining; To., Ontario.
-A. García-López Loaeza – Mexican Ambassador to CA.
-F. Rivest, Minister Counsellor – Embassy of Canada
-M. A. Cantú Suárez, General Coordinator of Mining
-Jeffrey M. Christian, Managing Partner CPM Group
-R. López Pescador, Head of the Mining Fund
-Sergio Almazán Esqueda, Mexican Mining Chamber
-F. N. González Díaz, CEO of ProMéxico
· SCOTIABANK INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
Women’s Day Celebration 2017 event in Toronto, Ontario.
-Barb Mason – Group Head & Chief HR Officer
-Scott, Campbell, Open Hearts & Tribal Minds - Bias
-L. Marcoccia, SVP & Chief Administrative Officer, GCM
-G. Riley, EVP, Canadian Commercial Banking
-M. Theofilaktidis, EVP, Retail Distribution
-Janan Youshia, SVP, Leadership
· ILGA- INTERNATIONAL LGBT: International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association
World Board Meeting; Toronto, March-April, 2017.
-Meetings with Canadian MPs
-Co-SGs Action Plan
-Plenary Sessions, Finances, Planning, Governance, AOB.
-ILGA UN Programmes Report to ILGA’s Boad
-MP Randy Boissonnaul, Special Advisor to PM J.Trudeau
on LGBTQ2 issues
-Gender Identity & Gender Expression Programme Report
-Renato, Sabaddini, Executive Director, ILGA
-Helen Kennedy & Ruth Baldacchino, Co-chairs
· ITUC Global Organizing Conference, 2017. International Trade Union Confederation Conference, UNIFOR in Port Elgin, Ontario.
· UNITRON International Partners Forum, 2017 in Toronto, Ontario. Forum on New Audiology Innovation & Hearing Aids Technology.
· DELOITTE International Financial Advisory Conference 2017
-The Honourable Pierre Pettigrew, Minister of International
-Mike Babcock, Toronto Maple Leafs Head Coach
-Anthony Viel, Managing Partner; Financial Advisory
-Manjit Minhas; Enterpreneur, Minhas Signature Brewery
-Mark Jamrozinski, Canadian Managing Partner, Canadian
M&A Transaction Servies Leader, Deloitte Canada
-Miyo Yamashita, Managing Partner, Talent & Workplace
& Chief Transformation Officer, Deloitte Canada;
Member, DTTL Board of Directors
· EDC – Exports Development Canada - Northern Ontario Exports Forum, focusing on underground mining, Sudbury, Ontario in June, 2017
-Andrea Gaunt; Global Trade Director, EDC
-Tom Palangio; President Wipware Inc. & SAMSSA
-Don Duval; CEO, NORCAT
-Alfredo Phillips; Chair, Guerrero Mining Cluster &
Corportate Affairs Director, Torex Gold Resources Inc.
-Narno Martinez & J. Valdez Cuellar; Industrias Peñoles
-Roy Slack; P. Eng. President, Cementation
-Rick Howes; President & CEO, Dundee Precious Metals
-Sheldon Mudd; Mining Industry Specialist, Nevada
Governor’s Office of Economic Development
-Jorge Sales; Procurement Director, El Teniente-Codelco
-Marcel Demers; Sales Manager, MINECAT
-Andre Dumais; GM, IONIC Engineering Innovation
-Jason Carriere; GM, Milman Industries, Inc.
-Denis Champaigne; VP, MANSOUR Mining Tech. Inc.
-Michael Hooft; VP Mining Services, Rail-Veyor
-Jim Kirkbride; AM-Mining, TRACKS+WHEELS
-David Ballantyne; VP, Maestro Digital Mine
-Marco Troncoso Soza; Senior Engineer, Pucobre
-Bruce C-Dunlop; President, J.S. REDPATH LIMITED
-Terry McKague; Director of Sales, Breaker Technology
-Marc Beauvais; President, Minrail
-E. Kohtakanges; VP Operations, Cementation Canada Inc.
-Chris Preston; Consulting Engineer, iRing Inc.
-T. Caron; GM-L.A., MacLean Eng. & Marketing Co. Ltd.
-L. Zuccherato; VP Intl. Operations, Dumas Holdings Inc.
-John Lupton, GeoSight Inc.
-Walter-Ryan, HLS Hard Line Solutions Inc.
-Kurtis Vanwallegham; CEO, Bio-Mine
-Clara & Rod Steele, Tesman
-Maximo P. Rebagliati; Consutant International, MERIT
-M. Burnett & B. Onuki, Jannatec Radio Technologies
· KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS 135th Supreme Convention: Ladies’ Luncheon in St. Louis, Mo; U.S.A. Aug. 17’
· ICDE – International Council for Open and Distance Education World Conference on Online Learning 2017. Toronto, Ontario.
· EGALE CANADA HUMAN TRUST – ILGA’s Board of Governance Meeting, January 2018. Toronto, Ontario.
· ENVIRONMENT & CLIMATE CHANGE CANADA: GLOBAL METHANE FORUM; Climate & Clean Air Coalition, April 2018. Toronto, Ontario
-CCAC Planning 2018-2019
-Erik Solheim, Executive Director, UN Environment
-Annual Short-Lived Climate Pollutant Science Update
-Global Methane Initiative Oil, Gas & Biogas Committees
-Charles Haines, Senior Policy Advisor, ECCC
-Katie Sullivan; IETA; Erik Zusman, IGES
-Scientific Advisory Panel
-Dr. B Poulter, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
-UN-hosted Global Initiative on OGMP Partners
-Oksana Tarasova, World Meteorological Organization
-Marit Pettersen, Technical Officer, WHO
· INTERNATIONAL CENTRE FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION
AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION, New York.
-A.S.A.P. Reporting Services Inc., Toronto, Ontario.
-All Legal Proceedings
· INTERNATIONAL REFUGEE RIGHTS CONFERENCE:
UNHCR, IRCC, IRB, CCR & NGOs.
June 7-9, 2018; York University in Ontario, Canada.
-Claire Roque, CCR President
-Ninette Kelly, UNHCR Director, New York Office
-Arash Bordbar, Global Youth Advisory Council
-Mamadou Dian Balde, UNHCR, Switzerland
-Arif Virani, Parliamentary Secretary, Minister of Heritage
-James Milner, Carleton University, Ottawa
-Leah Winsor, Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship CA.
-Grusa Matevzic, Hungarian Helsinki Committee, Hungary
-Alice Nah, Centre for Applied Human Rights, IDC, UK
-Karen Clark-Verbisky, IRCC
-Mbalu Lumor, Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture
-Catherine Bruce, Refugee Law Office, Toronto
-Loy Rico, Co-director, FCJ Refuge Centre Toronto
-Julie Kornfeld, Intl. Refugee Assistance Project, USA
-Richard Thickpenny, Ashley Community Housing, UK
-Alison Stanley, Toronto Newcomer Office, Toronto
-Marco Formisano, UNHCR, Costa Rica
-Elizabeth Foydel, International Assistance Project, USA
-Yiombi Thona, AAsia-Pacific Refugee Rights Network
-Karen Lizeth Valldares Rodriguez, FONAMIH
-The Honourable Lloyd Axworthy, World Refugee Council
-Sharalyn Jordan, Rainbow Refugee Society, Vancouver
· INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION ON AGEING - 14th GLOBAL CONFERENCE ON AGEING – August 8-10, 2018 at the Chelsea Hotel in Toronto, Ontario.
Addressing Inequalities for Older LGBTQI People:
-Culture, Spirituality and Resilience
-Older LGBTQI Care Pathways & Caregiving
-Michael Adams of USA of ILGA, RIWI & SAGE
-Kristi Holloway, B. Appleton & S. Edmonds, Australia
-Wilfred Labiosa, Puerto Rico
-Gloria Gutman, Canada
-Jairo Ramos Quintero, Panama
-Alexandre Kalache, Brazil
-Frank Arteaga, Bolivia
· BARRICK GOLD Argentina Executive Director - Interviews 2018 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
-Catherine Raw, Executive VP & CFO
-Kathy Sipos, Chief of Staff
-Rob Krcmarov, EVP Exploration & Growth
-Marcelo Alvarez, Chairman of AR – CAEM
· HOLA SCOTIABANK in Toronto at the Scotiabank Conference Centre in Ontario, Canada.
-Hispanic Day 2018
-Panel Discussions, Presentations & Rounds of Interviews
· NORTH AMERICAN SOLIDARITY PROJECT CONFERENCE
UNIFOR Family Education Centre; Port Elgin, ON. Canada.
-UNIFOR & UE Cooperation Agreement 2018
-Jerry Dias, National President, UNIFOR
-The State of Labour Renewal
-Anti-Racism & Equity: Building Unions for everyone
-Building Political Unions from Picket Line to Ballot Box
-Union Education to Build Power within Ranks
· NINTH INTERNATIONAL CONSULTATION OF CHILD HELPLINES 2018
Inclusion & Technology for Children’s Wellbeing; ON, Canada.
Media & Kids, Advocacy & Influence for Child Protection
-Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Lieutenan Governor of Ontario
-Katherine Brown, President & CEO, Kids Help Phone
-Jeroo Billimoria, Founder, Child Helpline International
-Charles Brown, Chair, Kids HelpPhone Board of Directors
-Garrick Tiplady, M. Director, Facebook & Instragram CA.
-Maria Santos Pais, SPSG-ONU, Children against Violence
-Ricargo Wagner, Microsoft
-J. Thornton & Kehongoh, The Internet Watch Foundation
-Thomas Mueller, Deputy E.Director, ECPAT International
-Vanessa Saraiva, World Vision Programs-Policy WV, CA.
-R. Aznar Daban, Child Protection Specialist; UNICEF-NY.
· ANGLICAN CHURCH MEETING OF THE PRIMATES 2018
Meeting of the Primates of the Americas & the Caribbean at The Sisterhood of St. John Devine, North York, Ontario, Canada.
-Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, Anglican Church
-Fred Hiltz, Archbishop 13th Primate, CA. Anglican Church
-Phil George, CEO for the 2020 Lambeth Conference
-Josiah Idowu-Fearon, Secret. Gral., Anglican Communion
-Bishop Michael Curry, Head of the Episcopal Church
-Francisco Moreno, Anglican Archbishop of Mexico
-Gregorio Venables, Anglican Bishop of Argentina
-Anthony Poggo, Bp. Anglican Communion Affairs Adviser
-Julio Murry, Primate, Archbishop of Central America
-Héctor Zavala, Primate Bishop Anglican Church in Chile
-Bishop Leopold, Church of the Province of West Indies
-Naudal Alves Gomes, Primate Bp., Episcopal Ang. Brazil
-GAFCON: Global Anglican Future Conference Report
-2020 Lambeth Design Group
· UNIFOR–ONTARIO REGIONAL COUNCIL MEETING 2018
Sheraton Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
-Jerry Dias, National UNIFOR President’s Address
-Mohamad Alsadi, UNIFOR Intl. Department Director
-Andrea Howarth, Leader Ontario New Democratic Party
-Maria de Lourdes Zea Rosales, STUNAM, Mexico
-Tullio DiPointi, ORC Secretary Treasurer Financial Report
-Naureen Rizvi, ORC Director Report
-Tracy Ramsey, MP for Essex; Health & Safety Report
-Josh Coles, Director of Mobilization & Political Action
-Kellie Scanlan, UNIFOR Director of Organizing
-Linda Bogle-Mienzer, VP Bermuda Public Service Union
-LGBTQ Committee Report
-Women’s Committee Report
-Aboriginal & Workers of Colour Committee Report
-Workers with Disabilities Committee Report
-WSIB Committee Report
-Angelo DiCaro, Trade & USMCA Deal, Research Depart.
-EI/CPP Committee Report
-Human Rights, Racism, Systematic Discrimination in Ont.
· PSORIASIS, PSORIATIC ARTHRIS, IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME & INFLAMATORY BOWEL DISEASE CONFERENCE 2019
Skin-Health Cobourg Clinic & Toronto, Ontario, Canada
-Dr. Vinod Chandran, Rheumatologist, Professor at UFT
-Dr. M. Gooderham, Director of Dermatology Skin Centre
-Dr. Neil Shear, Head of Dermatology, Sunnybrook Hosp.
-Dr. David Adam, Medical Dir. at Baywood Dermatology
-Dr. Perla Lansang, Dermatologist at Sick Kids Hospital
-Dr. Julia Carroll, Director of Dermatology at MEDCAN
-Dr. Marissa Joseph, Pediatric Psoriasis & Dermatology
· CCCF 2020: CRITICAL CARE CANADA FORUM, ON. CA.
World Renowned Medicine Conference on Critical Ill
Patients with focus on ARDS and the Covid-19 Pandemic
-Dr. Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada
-Dr. Isaac Bogoch, Infectious Diseases FM, UFT
-Mechanical Ventilation, ECMO and ARDS in the ICU
-EMCO and Life-Support in the ICU
-Cardiogenic Shock & Cardia Arrest treatment in the ICU
-Organ Donation from Diseased donors
-Canada’s Federal Response to Covid-19 Pandemic
· GLOBAL AFFAIRS CANADA - GAC
Canada–Mexico Partnership 2020
-Trade, Investment & Innovation Working Group
-Culture & Creativity Working Group Meeting
-Eric Walsh, Director General, North America, GAC
-José Trevino, President, COMCE
-Dennis Caron, Chief Intl. Accounts & Trade, StatsCan
-S. Mercure, Trade Commissioner, Mex. Embassy in CA
-S. Padilla Mayer, Mexico’s Embassy in Canada.
-S. Hemingway, M.C., Canada’s Embassy in Mexico
-M. Sabbagh, Director, Intl. Trade Policy, Heritage Canada
· 2020 CANADA-MEXICO HUMAN RIGHTS DIALOGUE
Bilateral Dialogue on Human Rights
-M. Peralta, Human Rights & Multilateral Affairs, Mexico
-Dr. Valdés, Director General-Human Rights & Democracy
-M. Grant, Assist. Deputy Minister for the Americas, GAC
-C. Godin, Director, Human Rights, Freedoms & Inclusion
-J. Gordon, Director of Intl. Affairs & Relations, CIRNAC
-Human Rights Issues, Canada, Mex. & Indigenous Peoples
· CANADA-MEXICO MULTILATERAL AFFAIRS
-M. Peralta, Human Rights & Multilateral Affairs, Mexico
-Gomez Camacho, Ambassador of Mexico to Canada
-G. Kutz, DR, Peace & Stabilization Operations Program
-C. Haastrecht, ADG, International Crime & Terrorism
-L. Morella, Director, Intellectual Property Trade Policy
-Jeffrey Marder, Director, United Nations Division
-Hélène Viau, Foreign Policy Planning Division
-S. Hemingway, M.C., Canada’s Embassy in Mexico
-D. Challborn, Political Affairs, Embassy of CA to Mexico
-Environment and Climate Change Canada:
-C. Steward, ADM, Chief Negotiator, Climate Change, CA
-J. F. Ferry, Dir, Bilateral & Intl. Affairs, Trade Directorate
· UNITED NATIONS COMISSION ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN65 - CRIMINALIZATION OF WOMEN - MIGRANT JUSTICE EVENT 2021
BARBRA SCHLIFER COMMEMORATIVE CLINIC
-Emilie Coyle, Executive Director at CAEFS
-Deepa Matoo, Executive Director at BSCC
-Fay, Faraday, Social Justice Lawyer & Policy Consultant
-Divya Khuran, A. Lawyer-Public Prosecution Service CA
-Elsie Ikhariale, Lawyer at Barbra Schlifer Com. Clinic
-Pamela Rice, Communications Manager at BSCC
· MULTILEVEL MARKETING CONFERENCE 2021- TCNJ
A CONSUMER PROTECTION CHALLENGE; U.S.A.
-Multilevel industry & pyramid scheme - Legal Framework
-William Keep, PhD., The College of New Jersey
-Kathryn Jervis, Dean, TCNJ, School of Business
-Gabriela Muscolo, Competition Authority, Italy
-Kathleen Daffan, Federal Trade Commission
-Andrew Stivers, PhD., Federal Trade Commission
-Casey Bond, Finance Reporter, Huffington Post
-Liz Day, Emmy-Award Journalist, The New York Times
-Lisette Voytko, Wealth Reporter, Forbes Magazine
-Ben Brysacz, Attorney General Office, Washington D.C.
· MCS Language Connection (Interpreting Service Company) Paul; MN., U.S.A.
- Contract work translating and interpreting in all fields.
- The Conference for Family Health Measure, done by the Pan American Health Organization. Was in charge of simultaneous interpreting during the Conference and all the workshops.
1991 - present SPANISH & ENGLISH TEACHER
Worked as a Bilingual teacher for the following institutions:
- Teacher and author of "Spanish The Natural Approach©" method and Courses, developed by Verónica Muñoz. An interactive, effective way of teaching languages based on the communicative aspect of the language. Published VI instructional books and tapes of "Spanish The Creative Natural Approach©" now available in all the Public Libraries in To., Canada. Published a Book on How to Improve's One Potential for Learning Any Language & gives Lectures.
-Taught Spanish courses following the "Spanish The Natural Approach©" method. Lectures on Learning Languages.
North York Board of Education; Toronto Canada.
-Spanish teacher for all the levels, using "Spanish The Natural Approach©" method.
-Spanish Teacher following Berlitz method.
-Amity Aide and acting Spanish Intern Teacher, taught all High School Classes & also organized cultural activities for the students.
-Spanish Teacher leading adult courses for the St. Paul Public Schools.
Santa Fe, Argentina.
- English Teacher working for the institute directed by the American Embassy in Argentina. Taught all levels & ages: from kids to adults.
EXPERIENCE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
South & Central America:
3/88 - 12/91
- Four-year B.A. degree in Spanish-English Literary, Scientific & Technical Translation.
-Certified Translator Registered as founder of A.S.E.T with the Canadian Federal Translation Bureau.
3/89 - 8/92
Santa Fe, Argentina.
-Three-year Program in Social Psychology.
3/87 - 11/87
- One year in The School of Law.
7/17 - 08/817
- YORK UNIVERSITY, GLENDON COLLEGE MCI LAB.
- Professional World Conference Interpreters CoLab; Toronto, Canada.
5/18 - 05/18
- KUDO-Certified Interpreter; New York, U.S.A.
- MULTI-LANGUAGES ANNUAL CONFERENCE on
- Translation & Interpretation, Toronto, Canada.
- Certificate from full participation at St. Michael’s College.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Citizenship: Canadian. & Argentinean - Birth Date: 7 / 11 / 69
- Hire or contract Verónica Muñoz for personal or group coaching, consulting, counseling, writing, lecturing, public speaking or conducting workshops
- Learn more about Verónica's Books: How do I buy her books? / What people are saying about her books: Reviews!